What you need to know when hiring transportation
Posted on Jan 15, 2018
When you need transportation most people just call and get it or you open your app, press a button and your car arrives. However, there are some things that you need to think about. Not all transportation companies are the same. All vehicles are not the same. When you are looking for a limo or car service, think about these things.
- Are they an experienced, reputable company with numerous references.
- Are they insured? Ask for proof. A company should have nothing to hide and should gladly provide you with this info.
- Are you going across state lines? Make sure the company is qualified to do so. Not everyone has authority to travel everywhere.
- Do they have professional chauffeurs? You want to make sure that your chauffeur dresses the part and has had ample training before going on the road with you.
- Get it in writing. Be sure that you have a contract that has all of the information about your reservation. Also be sure that you read over the contract and make sure that all of the information is correct before the date of your reservation.
- Ask what the cancellation policy is. Typically this will be on your contract. Be aware that most deposits are nonrefundable.
- Ask if you can come see the vehicle before you make a reservation. If the company does not allow you to, you may want to move on. It is important to know what you are getting. You do not want to be surprised when the vehicle arrives and it is not what you expected.
These are things that are very important and most do not think about it. Next time you are looking for transportation, look into these things. Compare a few companies and you will then know why it is important to ask.